Sunday, March 06, 2005

Book of Me - I am...

Challenge #2: I am...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is what the typed part says:
I AM...

My most important and treasured roles are as WIFE and MOTHER. Wife because the love between spouses is so unique and special; Mother because children are perfect little miracles. And being a wife to Nick and a mother to Jeffrey and Samantha brings me so much joy. They may not realize it but I would not trade them for all the gold in the world.

Some of my first roles in life were as DAUGHTER and SISTER. I know that these have shaped who I am today. I have middle-older child syndrome – so I am always trying to make people happy. I know my parents – Ken & Terry Stein – enjoy that I have strived for independence. I also try to be a good sister to Carrie and Aaron.

I am an AUNT to my nephew Gage. I also have three step-nieces/nephew Brittney, Taylor and Madison. And I only hope some day that my brother marries and has children so I can be an Aunt to them.

I am a GRANDDAUGHTER, NIECE, COUSIN, IN-LAW... I have always been big into family. But as we get older and people move away we do not spend much time together. I also miss my role as a GREAT-GRANDDAUGHTER. Recently I lost my last Great Grandparent and it is hard losing that role.

I am a good FRIEND. As I have grown older, I feel I have become a better listener and I try to do a good job at it. I have also realized how much friendship means to me. And it is so easy to stay in touch – at least by emails.

I will always be a STUDENT. Even though I am not taking any formal education, I feel there are always new things to learn. And I strive to read and learn as much as I can. Maybe this is why I am so nosy.

I have always been an ANIMAL LOVER. I have owned fish, and my parents have a cat; now we have dogs (Mandi & Mollie). And while I would love a cat, Nick is allergic. So one day I will get a small dog

A role that I have a hard time changing is that of a COUCH POTATO and PROCRASTINATOR. I love television – maybe that is why I work at a TV station. We almost always have a TV on; though I will admit I watch it less with two kids to chase after. I also put things off way too much. Sometimes I try to change, but change is hard.

I am also an EMPLOYEE. At times I thought I would be a stay-at-home-mom. But I know that what is best that I work. And maybe one day I will trade in my FT job for being a SAHM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home