Sunday, March 06, 2005

Book of Me - Internet

Challenge #3: Internet

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Again, here is what the typed part says (the logos will not transfer):
The Internet

I first started using The Internet in High School. I especially remember going downstairs on my parents’ computer in 12th grade (1996-1997). Early on I learned the basics of creating a webpage and created my home page at (www.geocities.com/Empress4). I also got my first personal email address at .com (the first part was changed when I got married, but otherwise I still have it). Then I went off to college and started using it to write research papers and other homework. About this time I came up with my perennial online nickname, Empress4. Empress because it was the name I saw in a book and 4 because it is my favorite number. When I started planning for my wedding to Nick I went to and other sites like that to come up with wedding ideas. Right before graduating college I started searching for full-time jobs online. It was because of .com that I got my first job at Initiative Media in May 2000. This is the time I started spending more time online. I found I could go to sites like .com and search all over the web. We then started going to real estate sites like to find our first house. When I was between jobs (April-May 2001) I hung out on the internet looking for new jobs; I also stumbled across .com and started chatting to the “Thinking of Conceiving” bulletin board. This is part of the reason I started planning on adding to our family. Through this bulletin board I met a bunch of ladies also trying to have a child, so we started a bulletin board and named ourselves Hip Mamas (to Be). We have all had one or two children and do not talk as much, but I still think of these ladies as my first online friendship. In December 2002, Nick and I became Creative Memories Consultants and I started going to almost daily to find out all I could about CM. And because of scrapbooking I found the website stampinscrappin.com; in September we became .com and I started spending most of my free time at this site. This is where I am today. I also frequent .com and .com for anything from news to their bulletin boards. I go to for news on two of my favorite Soaps Days and Passions. For news on NASCAR (especially Jeff Gordon) I go to . I go to .com to get directions to where I am going. I also go to many of the local TV stations sites (including the one for my company, ) for local news, weather and sports. I spend a lot of time on the Internet. I feel the Internet is one of the greatest inventions of my era. Now we can connect with others across the world, while finding out more information then we ever thought possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home