Saturday, March 12, 2005

Book of Me - Why I scrapbook...

Challenge #4: Why I scrapbook...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Page Spread

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Left Hand Side

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Right Hand Side

And here is what it says:
Why I Scrapbook.....
I had never scrapbooked (or did album-making as I like to call it), till a Friday night in December of 2002. Nick and I (and Jeffrey) were invited to our friend’s Kyle and Kelly Burdine’s house. Kelly had recently become a Creative Memories Consultant and was having a workshop. She introduced us to scrapbooking and we were hooked. Nick then signed up to be a Creative Memories Consultant and I signed up 6 months later. I am grateful she introduced us to this when she did. Jeffrey was only 6 months old when I started and I did not feel too behind in our family’s albums.
My family is the number one reason I scrapbook. Already my son and daughter love to see their pictures in our family’s books. And of course my husband appreciates it as well. And I know in the future, not only my children, but my grandchildren, nieces, nephews and other descendents can look at the albums I make for their personal family history. I am making this book for these future generations. I know that usually I do not take the time to go into depth in my journaling; this gives me that opportunity. Plus, because I am the primary picture taker, I am not in as many photos, so here is a chance for you to see me.
I am pretty much a simple pages scrapbooker. I like to spend twenty minutes or less on most of my pages. This is part of the reason I like being a CM consultant, because by limiting myself to their products, I feel it makes it easier to get a page done. I am also the kind of scrapbooker that likes to do everything at once. So I crop, mount, journal and enhance and then slap a page protector on – and very rarely take it off again. I enjoy both the creative part of album making along with getting my photos preserved for generations to come.
Last year (2004) was the first year I set a goal for number of pages completed. My goal was 204 pages done in 2004. I shattered that goal with 269.5 pages completed. So this year my goal is 205 pages in 2005. I know I can get more done – though only if I take enough pictures this year. I am usually no more then a month behind in my albums; and to make sure I stay that way I try to scrapbook every night that I do not have to get up early in the morning.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

You have just summed up exactly why I like the CM way of scrapping as well. I used to do the 'thick page' scrapping, but would obsess for hours over which color cardstock to use - by limiting myself to CM products, I'm getting more done (and actually spending less money too) plus all my albums just 'work' more, they're more uniform and easy to read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home